“The more time you have, the more improvement you can make in your assignment.”
This assignment can be anything i.e. innovation, project of an IT industry, college assignment, school homework etc…
How can I achieve the state where I can say – “I have enough time”.
It’s really easy to say – “I have no time” or “Oppsss! did mistake due to lack of time”. But it’s not that much tough to achieve a state where one can say -” I have enough time”.
Golden question is : How ???
- Note down your daily tasks
- Identify unnecessary task from your daily task – It only can be done once you have a list of daily task in place. Which means point 1 should be implemented.
- Try to remove all identified unnecessary tasks
- Plan remaining items of the list properly
- To plan anything the most important thing is – Set priority against every task
- To know priority again the most important things is – Set clear goals & expectations for a particular time period. (i.e. it can be a day, week, month, year). To start with one can define it for a day. This period should be as small as possible for beginners.
- Now you have priorities against all the necessary task in the list.
- Very simple but most important part is left – Implementation. Pick your task according to their priority & achieve your goals. ‘
It looks very simple… But I have one question in my mind – What about interruptions & more then one task with same priority ?
Every software engineer have this question in their mind. Specially those who have an experience of 1 to 4 years. (Task from manager has highest priority, from senior manager also has highest priority & from his girlfriend/wife has the top most priority 🙂 … Poor software engineer)
Don’t worry we can solve upto some extent via multitasking in at least those tasks which are not assigned from girlfriend/wife.
Again golden question is : How ???
- Multitasking is the most efficient way to complete both the high priority task simultaneously.
- For doing multitasking – Either you have a sharp brain who will remember where you switch your task & will resume exactly from that point or you have to make a practice to write down notes related to stages of every task.
- One should know when to multitask and when not to do it.
- High amount of risk in multitasking is – if you are not able to do it and still try to implement it then it will degrade your performance (i.e. start multiple projects simultaneously & complete none of them)
- For interruptions – you can’t stop them but can learn from every interruption about how to deal with it. It will reduce your time of dealing with interruptions.
- Yes in few conditions you can put interruption in a queue for later resolution. And now we know that how one can manage the queue 🙂 Very simple – “Note it down & prioritize them”.
With the small changes in our daily habits one can save a lot of time which usually wasted unnecessarily in nonproductive tasks.
Once you learn how to save this time then you can say – “Yes ! I have enough time“.
— A. K.
Thank you for reading my post.
If you like this article then please leave a comment or hit like and share with your friends and network.