Lemon & honey drink in morning, do wonders for health. Both honey & lemon contain powerful therapeutic properties that when combined, make an excellent health tonic.
The drink is really simple to make, and it doesn’t take much effort to drink it in one go.
To make the honey – lemon drink
- Boil a cup of water and allow it to cool until it is just warm to touch.
- Add a teaspoonful of organic, unprocessed honey and stir well to dissolve.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the honey water, give it a stir and drink up.
It is important that you drink the mixture immediately after preparing it, preferably on an empty stomach, to see the benefits. Do not reheat the mixture, heating honey makes it toxic.
Reasons to Drink a Glass of Lemon and Honey Water Every Day
- It is a healthy, low-calorie drink : It provides just the right amount of calories from the natural sugars in the honey. The drink has no more than 20-25 calories, most of it coming from the honey and just 1 calorie from the lemon juice. It is neither too sour nor too sweet.
- It aids digestion : One of the noticeable benefits of drinking lemon and honey water is improved digestion. The drink increases stomach acid production and bile secretion. They facilitate the breakdown of food materials and absorption of nutrients.
- It detoxifies the body : Citrus fruit juices are popular in detoxification. Lemon water mixed with honey is a gentle, yet powerful detoxification agent. It is a liver tonic, improving its function of neutralizing toxins. Its diuretic effect helps in flushing out the toxins through urine.
- Lemon-honey water melts down fat : Studies shows weight loss effects of lemon and honey in many people. Lemon juice increases body secretions, improving blood and lymph movement. This, as well as the diuretic effect, eliminates toxins accumulated in the body. Accumulation of toxins is one of the major reasons for obesity. Our body takes these substances out of circulation by trapping them in fat tissue.
Warm lemon-honey drink increases metabolism too. Drinking a glass on an empty stomach gets you in the fat-burning mode.
- It clears the acne : Taking lemon and honey water early in the morning is one of the best things you can do for acne control.Lemon juice does have an oil-cutting effect that may help remove excess oil from the skin. Antioxidants in lemon and honey and their antibacterial properties also contribute to skin clarification.
- It boosts immune system : Lemon-honey drink can protect you from seasonal infections as well as allergies.
- It is a remedy for throat infections : When you have a sore throat, a warm drink of lemon honey water provides instant relief. It may help reduce the bacterial load in the infected area.
- It relieves a cough and chest congestion : It has the property of reducing mucus production and drying up the respiratory tract. Lemon helps in thinning mucus, making it easier to cough up. Working together, these two ingredients can effectively reduce the congestion in the airways and bring relief.
- It relieves urinary tract infections and kidney stones : The diuretic effect of lemon juice and antimicrobial effect of honey work together to flush out unwanted substances and disease-causing bacteria from the kidneys, urinary bladder, and the urogenital tract.
- It relieves constipation : Regular consumption of warm lemon-honey water in the morning promotes regularity. The beneficial effect comes not only from the warm water that helps move the stomach contents along but from lemon juice’s property of lightening body secretions, including mucus secretion from the intestinal walls. This gets things moving effortlessly. Regular voiding helps reduce bloating and flatulence that accompany constipation.
- It naturally lowers blood pressure : Lemons help keep blood vessels soft and pliable and by removing any rigidity, high blood pressure will be reduced. In addition, you can help lower your chance of heart failure by consuming lemon juice regularly, due to its vitamin C content. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals.
Now let’s have lemon-honey drink on daily basis 🙂
— Ankita K.
Thank you for reading my post.
If you like this article then please leave a comment or hit like and share with your friends and network.