Back Pain is the most common problem for our current generation. This problem has been spreading more across from last 15 – 20 years only. Now the point which comes into my mind is “something has to be there which has been changing drastically in our daily routine“.
Yes, first and foremost thing is “we have changed our nature of work“. Digital world is the reality of today’s generation. For those who are working on computer / laptop / automated systems, for housewives who are spending their most of the time with gadgets (mobile, tab etc…), for children who are more inclined towards indoor digital games than outdoor physical activities.
It resulted into long sitting in wrong posture, Continuously watching the digital screen without any break and many other habits which are not good for health. Due to these habits many of us have been suffering from lower back-pain, neck pain, spondylosis, vertigo, dry eyes & many more problems.
Let’s concentrate on important points by which we can make our back strong & pain free in this blog.
- Always use backrest while sitting for long. (more than an hour)
- Take a 2 minutes break after every 30 minutes. Roam around for a while.
- Don’t put filled water bottle at your workstation, always try to go to water cooler to drink water
- Make these 4-5 exercises a part of your daily routine. Try in following order (20 mins)
- Pelvic tilt
- Standing hamstring stretch
- Extension exercise
- Side Plank
I would recommend do not try these while you have pain & always consult physiotherapist before starting any new type of exercise.
- After these exercises daily go for a brisk walk of at least 2-3 KM in morning (30 mins walk)
- If you can do swimming for 30 minutes daily then no need for two points mentioned above
- Avoid Lifting of heavy object – if necessary then lift properly.
- Never sit in wrong posture – sit up straight & stand straight
- Don’t be overweight – as light weight will put less strain on back
- Correct sleeping posture. If you are suffering from back pain, you should sleep straight, should not use pillow & put pillow under your legs.
- Never get up straight from bed. Always bend your knees & tilt on any of your side first. Then get up with the support of your elbow.
- Always use hot water bag while having back pain. Take complete bed rest for speedy recovery.
I hope after reading this blog you will find a way to make your back much more stronger.
In next blog we will discuss about vertigo. It’s main causes & precaution.
Thank you for reading my post.
If you like this article then please leave a comment or hit like and share with your friends and network.