- 2 cups vermicelli
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli pwdr
- 1 green chilli
- salt as per taste
- coriander for garnishing
How to proceed
- First take a non stick pan put ghee in it
- Then add vermicelli and roast it till it turns golden brown
- Then in a pan add ghee in it and add mustard seeds let it crackle
- Now add curry leaves and urad dal in it
- Roast them now add chopped onion saute it.
- Now add chopped tomato and green chilli.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt
- Now add roasted vermicelli in it
- Mix everything well
- Now add little water to it and keep a lid over pan
- Let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves
- Serve hot
Enjoy your vermicelli upma in breakfast…
Thank you for reading my post. Stay tuned for more recipes in this section.
If you like my recipe then please share with your friends and network. Also you can comment if you have any query about this recipe.