Besan laddu is one of the popular laddus often made during festive occasions. It is easy & healthy sweet made all over India.
- Gram flour or Besan : 2 cups
- Powdered suger or boora : 1.5 cups
- Ghee : 1 cup
- Almonds or Badam : 20-25
- Cashew nuts or Kaju : 20-25
- Cardamom or Elaichi powder : 1/2 tsp
- Raisins or Kishmish : for garnishing
How to proceed
- Take a non stick pan, add ghee in it
- Roast the gram flour (besan) till it start giving a good fragrance
- Keep on stirring continuously to avoid over browning of gram flour
- Once you get a strong fragrance of gram flour switch off the flame
- Remove the pan from the stove and keep it down
- Add powdered suger (boora). Stir well so that no lumps are formed
- Add the powdered cardamom and chopped dry fruits. Mix well
- Let it cool the mixture to room temperature
- Make small or medium sized besan laddus
- Store them in air tight container
Note : It’s important to roast gram flour well. If you add sugar into gram flour before it is roasted well, then the uncooked gram flour will have a raw taste in laddu.
Thank you for reading my post. Stay tuned for more recipes in this section.
If you like my recipe then please share with your friends and network. Also you can comment if you have any query about this recipe.