Lauki or bottle gourd halwa is an indian dessert very easy to make at home. Just need few ingredients and is good in taste. Especially kids who don’t like eating bottle gourd, it’s a wonderful recipe for them.
- Lauki or bottle gourd – 2 cups peeled and shredded
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- ghee- 2 tbsp
- milk-2 1/2 cups
- cardamom powder- 1/2 tsp
- chopped pistachios and almonds
- Wash, peel and shred the lauki and squeeze out the water from it.
- Boil the milk on medium heat in a deep pan making sure milk does not burn.
- Reduce the flame and boil for 10 minutes, until it becomes about 1.5 cups, set aside.
- Melt the ghee in a frying pan and add shredded lauki saute it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add milk, mix well on low flame and cook until mixture becomes thick.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and chopped dry fruits, mix well and stir continuously for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Take it out in a serving dish, garnish with almonds and serve it hot.
– Ankita K.
Thank you for reading my post. Stay tuned for more recipes in this section.
If you like my recipe then please share with your friends and network. Also you can comment if you have any query about this recipe.