Moong dal (split yellow gram)is a good source of protein and easy on stomach. Moong dal dhokla is a very healthy and low calories snack . You can have it in a breakfast or as an evening snack. It takes less time to cook and easy to make recipe.
For the Batter
- soaked yellow moong dal – 3 cups
- green chillies – 2
- sugar – 1.5 tsp
- salt – as per taste
- ginger paste – 1/2 tsp
- asafoetida (hing) – 1 pinch
- oil – 1 tbsp
- turmeric powder (haldi)- 1/2 tsp
- Bengal gram flour (besan)- 1tbsp
- curd (dahi)- 2 tbsp
- fruit salt (eno)- 1.5 tsp
For the tempering(tadka)
- oil- 1 tbsp
- mustard seeds(rai)- 1/2 tsp
- sesame seeds (til)- 1/2 tsp
- asafoetida (hing)- 1 pinch
- green chillies- 2
- curry leaves – 6
For the garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania patti)
- Soak the yellow moong dal for 3 to 4 hours.
- Combine moong dal , green chillies , ginger and grind it in mixer to make a paste of pouring consistency.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl and add sugar,salt,turmeric powder,asafoetida,oil, besan and curd . Mix well to make a batter and keep it aside.
- Boil some water in a steamer.
- Just before steaming the batter add fruit salt to it and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased plate.
- Steam in a steamer for 15 to 20 min. Keep aside.
For the tempering
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida ,curry leaves and saute it.
- Add green chillies and saute it.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared dhokla and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the fresh chopped coriander leaves.
- Cut into pieces and serve with green chutney.
– Ankita K.
Thank you for reading my post. Stay tuned for more recipes in this section.
If you like my recipe then please share with your friends and network. Also you can comment if you have any query about this recipe.